hello, my name is leith, and i'm obsessed with animals. i can't help it, they're just so much better at life than i am. what would i do without their endless lessons on living according to the rules?
for example, my dogs have taught me that:
- not saying hello to a stranger is rude. if there is someone within a quarter mile radius of you, you should either stop in your tracks and wait for them to approach you, or if you're in a rush you may charge toward their butt for a quick sniff hello. it's simply common courtesy.
- never underestimate the kindness of strangers, especially when barbequed meat is involved.
- poop happens. do it with dignity and pride.
- there's no such thing as "ugly".
- "no" is simply an invitation to act cuter.
- do whatever the cat tells you.
and my cats have taught me that:
- naps are mandatory for sanity.
- if you're being ignored, just yell more often and twice as loudly.
- shiny things deserve your immediate, undivided attention.
- show no fear...unless the doorbell rings. then the couch or bed are good hiding options.
- you hold the power to make a man weep and fall to his knees if you keep your nails sharp enough.
- nothing wakes someone up for breakfast quite as well as a good poke in the eye.