i tend to be a "glass half empty" kind of girl at times. i mean, why be satisfied by what you have when you can always want more?
as attractive as this personality trait of mine is, i also want to be able to imitate those people who wake up without hitting the snooze button eight times and smile about the fact that they're alive, rather than curse the fact that it's only tuesday.
being negative had it's cool phase, but being positive is so much better for my complexion. and since i've got that "ethereal" irish/scottish splotchy white glow kind of skin, i need all the help with my complexion that i can get.
so, without further ado, i am going to attempt a semi-weekly "happy list" of things throughout the week that put a smile on my face--an idea i stole from this blog.
things that make me happy:
- meeting four-month-old puppy named dozer at blackthorn.
- waking up to the gentle shoves of sid's paw against the back of my skull as she tries to wake me up for breakfast.
- having my sister live so close.
- knowing that when i get home today i have david sedaris' "let's explore diabetes with owls" waiting for me. i love everything david sedaris has ever written and i will do anything he tells me to do.
- my parents are "home". at least for now.
- celine dion's rendition of "it's all coming back to me now". because some nights you just feel like singing your heart out.
- the hills of san francisco. who needs a boring old gym membership in this city?
- summer birthday season. lots of fabulous people born this time of year :)