Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Just wanted to give a shout-out to Mom, who not only gave me three amazing siblings as an emotional  support system, but also raised me to embrace diversity, follow my passions, and be a strong, independent woman who's not a little asshole (most of the time).  That's no easy feat.  You rock, Mom!  I love you!

As I get older, I realize how important it is to have a family to lean on.  No one gets you like your parents and siblings, who've seen you in diapers full of crap, seen you have temper tantrums (not that I've *ever* had temper tantrums, this is just a "for instance"), seen mascara stream down your cheeks, put up with all your stupid jokes and morning breath and all your teenage angst and yet still cheer you on more than anyone else you know.  Family's pretty amazing, when you think about it.  I'm a big fan.

I'm in awe of all the mothers in my family, who've not only given me a bigger, more beautiful family I call my own, but raise their kids with grace, poise and wisdom that I'm not sure I'll ever be able to pull off if I ever have kids of my own.  Raising little humans is really freakin' hard work, and you're all an inspiration.  Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment