Sunday, September 7, 2014

Phototacular SF



I've been housesitting for this bunny all weekend.  It's been glorious getting out of my apartment, away from the roomies, and just not doing anything.  The bunny wants nothing to do with me, so it's just been me and Netflix.

When I watch Netflix, I get to thinking.  And while I was thinking, I realized I haven't spent a single weekend staying in since...February?  As a bit of an introvert, this is toxic.  Housesitting was that much-needed time to clear my head...and head cold.  I'm currently typing this with a throat that feels like I spent all night  shoving burnt matches down it.  Lovely.

I've been a bit in the pits lately.  I don't know why.  I think it's anxiety about the future or something dumb like that.  I've been out with friends having a blast, doing the dating thing (which I wish I could write about, but my fear that karma is real won't let me), volunteering, studying and preparing for the future, yet I feel sad.  I don't know.  I'm in emotional limbo, I guess.  I tried to wash away the sinking feeling with mani-pedis and BeyoncĂ©, but weirdly that's not working this time around.  So I figured I'd spend Saturday strolling around San Francisco with my camera to clear my head instead.  Yep, just me, my camera, my Spotify playlist, and 10,000 tourists out and about on an 80 degree day.

The weather.  The bridges.  *Some* of the buildings.  *I'm* here.  I mean, how much better can a city get?!  People here are pretty cool, usually dreaming of the next big thing and then actually making it.  Probably while fueled by a recreational drug of some sort, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyways, onto the pictures:


Whoever Nelson is, he has a kick-ass last name.
We San Franciscans soak up the sun when we can.  It's pretty rare around here during the summer months.

The little java house that could.

In case you were wondering what the underside of the bridge looks like, it's just as boring as you'd imagine it to be.


I don't know, I just think tug boats are adorbs.
Fancy pants.
Cupid's Bow.  Also Gap headquarters.
Menacing bird.
...something.
 I wasn't allowed inside.

Why do things that look so good taste so bad?
Bike cabbies: significantly less annoying than car cabbies.
I can only assume they were clapping for me.

Art.



I really liked seeing all the small fishing boats at Fisherman's Wharf.  A good reminder that the place isn't just a tourist trap: it's still thriving with its namesake's industry.
I never took Elmo for a Marina resident, but I've been surprised before.


Crissy Field is for lovers.  Also frat bros (not pictured).

People getting married and making me feel so old, so alone.  Jk...good for them.

We had a moment.  Then he tried to shit on my head.
What most of my walk looked like: me and hundreds of other people with their cameras.

Showoffs.

That's me!

Postcard SF.

I ended up walking 14 miles *and* making a pitstop at Trader Joe's.  Not too shabby.  I still feel...off...but better.  I also have a brutal sunburn to show for it.  Battle scars, you know?
Feel free to use this as a cautionary tale as to why you should always put on sunscreen.  Even in San Francisco.  It feels worse than it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment