Friday, July 11, 2014

Happy birthday to the family gypsy!



Happy birthday to my beautiful mom, who turns 60 today!

She can wear that number with absolute pride.  She's definitely the #1 reason for my wandering spirit.  It's always hard to track her down.  So thank you, Mom, for showing me what turning 60 with grace and a young, adventurous, gypsy soul looks like.  60 years young, and she's held true to her values and passions.  Not many people can say that, and I feel like I'm better off for having grown up with such an example.

I've said lots about her in the past, so I'll make this post short and sweet and end with this song, which my mom used to sing to us when we were children.  Her singing to us is, as it turns out, one of my favorite childhood memories.  She doesn't believe it, but she has a beautiful voice.  Anyway, the song seemed appropriate here.  Happy birthday, Mom!  I love you!



In case the link doesn't work, please click here.


1 comment: